Z. Construction Manager
Join a growing real estate investment company that believes teamwork is the key to a successful business!
Three Doors Properties is your KEY to MORE when buying, selling or investing in real estate. Our company purchases homes from those looking to sell their home fast, in “as-is” condition, pending foreclosure, or MORE. The homes are then potentially fixed up and put back on the market. As the Construction Manager, the position will lead the managing the renovation projects.
Three Doors Properties seeks a phenomenal Construction Manager who is passionate about leading a well-established team and growing a business. The ideal candidate has previous construction management and/or operations experience and has made a direct impact on project and company revenue, as well as office culture. He/she has a win/win, “can do” attitude that thrives on bringing order and efficiency to a high-performing team and projects.
The Construction Manager is critical to the long-term success of the company’s bottom line. He/she is responsible for training and measuring staff and contractors’ performance, overseeing all company renovation projects, and systematizing the renovation processes.
We hope that every day will be exciting, challenging and most of all rewarding.
This is a full-time position that requires in and out of the office work, with benefits package.
ESSENTIAL ELEMENTS OF THE JOB
- Review project proposal or plan to determine and establish time frame, work plan, procedures for accomplishing project, and allotment of available resources to various phases of the project.
- Manage construction projects and oversee progress and performance of staff and contractors while adhering to timelines and contract specifications.
- Develop relationships with vendors to improve productivity and profitability (Electricians, Plumbers, HVAC, etc)
- Systematize processes to enable company to grow and scale, as well as allow the team to work efficiently and productively.
- Provide oversight and coordination on various phases of assigned projects with customers, colleagues, vendors and contractors.
- Monitor and manage project budgets and costs.
- Manage general contractors, direct purchase vendors, & architect costs for assigned projects.
- Coordinate services with designers, stagers, landscaping, and other vendors as needed.
- Review and give approval once approval is given by owner on all change orders and invoices for assigned projects.
- Solicit, negotiate, review and qualify general contractor bids for assigned projects.
- Oversee staff who conduct frequent construction site visits to evaluate progress and construction practices.
- Coordinate all project communications.
- Develop proposals estimates and request for change orders.
- As needed, work with all team members on assigned projects.
- Observe and comply with all Three Doors Properties policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- College degree or equivalent experience.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- 5 years’ experience in a construction management role preferred.
- Highly organized and flexible, with strong problem solving and creative skills to exercise sound judgment and make decisions based on accurate and timely analysis.
- High level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency and results-orientation.
- Strong communication and coaching skills.
- Knowledge of MS Office Suite and ability to learn new real estate software.
- Must be a team player and willing to adapt to change.
- Valid driver’s license.
Three Doors is proud to be an EEO employer.